After a dismal showing of my New Year's Resolutions last February -- was too busy and the month flew by so fast!! -- I decided to start March on a better footing.
So while doing grocery yesterday, I realized that we had those really nice wheat soft tortillas in the freezer and I could probably make tacos burrito-style.
(Thus tackling one of my resolutions of learning a new recipe each month.)
This wasnt so challenging especially with the help of a little seasoning. All the dish needed was a lot of prep for the ingredients.
So March Recipe: SOFT TACOS
* Taco Mix
* 1/2 K ground beef
* shredded cabbage
* shredded cheese
* wheat tortillas (you can use regular ones actually or normal corn shells you get in the grocery)
* chopped tomatoes and onions
1. Drizzle a little olive oil on a skillet and cook the ground beef until brown.
2. Follow packet instructions on the taco mix and pour the mixture on the cooked meat. Simmer for 3 minutes to let the meat absorb the taco seasoning. I like to burn the meat a little bit so that it has crunch and bitter taste.
3. Remove meat from the skillet. Wipe oil and put back on the heat. Get one tortilla and place it in the middle of the pan. Quickly add cheese, lettuce, the meat mixture, tomatoes and onions. Keep on the pan until the cheese melts a bit, slowly fold it onto itself.
4. Put on a plate and eat!!
The entire recipe is really simple and I was able to cook the dish in 30 minutes. Really quick, more so if you prepare the cabbage, tomatoes and onions before hand.
According to my perennial food taster, my husband, it was a winner dish!! He ate 3 pieces in succession so that must mean it's true.
For added spice drizzle a little hot sauce and try the entire thing for yourself!
Who is sab_adventures?
I have always wanted to write. This will now be a creative outlet-- home to all my arts and crafts. So feel free to browse around my everyday adventures.